Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm a Sugar Addict

I have a fairly robust sweet tooth but over the past 2 years I have totally gone from controlled sugar-eater to complete sugarholic.  It doesn't matter what tasty confection you put in front of me...consider it consumed.  This all started when I was studying for the Bar exam and my boyfriend and I would take daily trips to TCBY (Vanilla and Oreo Shiver...sweet jeebus).  I began associating delicious frozen yogurt with relaxation.  I was like one of Pavlov's dogs...just in reverse and with sugar instead of meat powder...  Anyway, I'm pretty sure things started to spiral out of control when a gourmet cupcake shop opened up just down the street from my house.  Every time I would feel stressed about work or relationships, I would just pick up a delicious cupcake.  I mean, just try and tell me this doesn't make you hungry: 













If it doesn't, then you are clealy not a "sweets person" so you don't count.  Let me assure you, it is more delicious than it looks and I know from fairly extensive experience.

Well, one thing led to another and now I'm just a full-on sugar addict.  I can't make it through the day without candy anymore, which isn't a problem for me since we have a gift shop right downstairs that sells everything under the sun.  As I've been working my way through their sugar inventory I made a truly life altering (in a bad way) discovery...well, two: Coconut M&Ms and 3 Musketeers Truffle Bars.  These are perhaps the most delicious candies I've ever had the pleasure of devouring.  I eat one or the other (ok, both) every single day at work, which is a serious issue now that I'm trying to lose weight for the wedding.

I keep telling myself this is the last one I'm going to eat.  No more after today.  Yet every single day I find myself back in the arms of my candy lovahs.  In fact, I'm eating some coco M&Ms right now.  Don't worry though, this is seriously my last pack.  Seriously.

XOXO,
BlogMePretty

No comments:

Post a Comment