Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm a Professional Liar

I just got accosted on my way back from the Coke machine by a gaggle of screeching secretaties, who were WAY too excited about some purses they had found at the local thrift store (I'm being serious). Now, I've been in this office for over three years and I know better than to give my honest opinion on anything, unless I'm just really in the mood to get constant side-eyes for the next month. So I feign interest in their fugly purses, commenting on how cute (hideous) and practical (plain) they are. They seem pleased, although I detected a bit of suspicion from one of them. I've always had a hard time hiding disgust (which was especially troubling during rush) and I think the little one is on to me. This prompts me to mumble something about a deadline and hustle back to my office.

This really got me wondering about what is going on in those secretaries' heads. Best case scenario is that they buy all this ugly shit for the sole purpose of engaging me in ridiculous banter about it, knowing it makes me uncomfortable. The worst and most likely scenaio is that when you become a secretary you suddenly become completely devoid of any taste whatsoever (I'm talking fashion, not food...which would be obvious to anyone who has ever seen my secretary). That's a little sad. I wonder how many of these secretaries used to know the difference between tapered jeans and skinny jeans...

Note to self: never accept a secretarial position, no matter how dire the situation.

XOXO,

BlogMePretty

No comments:

Post a Comment