Friday, April 9, 2010

Why do I do This to Myself?

I'd been looking for the perfect pair of nude strappy sandals for the past couple of months and I finally found them this past week. I stumbled across a gorgeous pair of lovlies from LAMB, which wouldn't normally be my style but they had sky high heels and glorious looking leather, so I decided they would do. I searched high and low for them online and eventually found a pair in my size-ish, so I had to buy them. Ok, so they were 1/2 too small, but I was determined to make them work since they are sold out everywhere. When they finally came in I pulled them out of the box and they were everything I could have hoped for and more! Well, almost everything I could have hoped for...

Putting them on the first time was only slightly traumatic and soul scarring. They were obviously way too small. Oh well, I wasn't going to let a little (lot of excruciating) pain stop me from looking fabulous! I looked at my feet. They looked ridiculous. It was the shoe version of a size 8 in denial trying to fit into size 4 pants. I didn't even know there was such a thing as shoe muffin top until this point. Oh well, they would stretch out. I was going to wear them come hell or crippling foot deformity (which was highly likely).

It's now two weeks later. The shoes haven't stretched at all. It's funny because they are probably the only pair of leather shoes I have ever owned that didn't stretch at least a little. I've come to the conclusion that 1) I don't need to buy shoes that are too small ever again (no matter how adorable they are) and 2) Gwen Stefani is the devil and LAMB is a ridiculous brand name. This shit is bananas. Ba-na-nas.

XOXO,

BlogMePretty

2 comments:

  1. Listen, I just embraced my foot fatness and bought a shoe stretcher from Target. I've only used it once, but it is a life saver. Go purchase one immediately. You have to wet the inside of the shoe, which is gross - but it works!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shoe stretcher is as good as purchased :)

    ReplyDelete