Monday, April 12, 2010

How do you Have a License?

Like I've said before, I have pretty severe road rage.  I think this stems from learning to drive on I-85 in Atlanta where there are 7 lanes of speeding cars, most of which are oversized SUVs driven by hyper-caffinated (or medicated) wealthy housewives who are driving like Neiman Marcus is having a 75% off sale.  Who can blame them though?  In Atlanta you never know if you are suddenly find yourself in 3 hours of bumper to bumper traffic trying to get across town, so when traffic is moving, you best be hauling ass.  This would be a reasonable excuse except that I haven't lived in Atlanta in six years, and where I live now it takes 20 minutes to get across town during "rush hour."

Needless to say, that hasn't stopped me from turning into the incredible hulk of road-ragers at even the slightest vehicular misstep.  This is particularly true when I encounter that which I find to be the most egregious of all driving errors...someone driving below the speed limit.  In my opinion, there are only two legitimate reasons for driving under the speed limit: 1) you are drunk or 2) you are lost.  The rest of the miscreant drivers out there better speed up or prepare themselves for a barrage of expletives (with accompanying hand gestures). 

Seriously though, why would anyone want to drive slower than the speed limit?  Busy taking in the scenery (fugly strip malls) or something?  I honestly cannot envision a scenario where I would need or want to drive below the speed limit.  As far as I'm concerned the actual speed you should be driving is always the posted speed limit + 10mph.  If you have all the free time to get where you are going, you should have stayed where you were five minutes longer and saved me the trouble of hastily passing you.  I'm obviously more important and actually have someplace to be!

XOXO,

BlogMePretty

No comments:

Post a Comment