Friday, April 2, 2010

Step One is Admitting You Have a Problem...

Or in my case, problems. Namely, wine and shopping. I'm literally one click away from bankruptcy and one glass away from a rehab facility, but I'm not too worried about it (denial). The humiliation of personal insolvency can't be that bad, can it? Surely not. I mean, if I'm not embarassed by the fact that I usually arrive at the office smelling like hot trash (think Bourbon St. in July), then I'm pretty certian Chapter 7 isn't going to faze me. Besides, wine and shopping are my only two joys in life (rationalization). Honestly, the only reason I show up at work at all is to get money to support my shopping habit, and it's not like I could make it through the work day if I didn't have a delicious glass of wine waiting for me when I got home. I have a symbiotic relationship with wine and shopping. Take one out of the equation and God only knows what would happen (I would be thinner and I wouldn't cringe every time I got a CC statement).

I know I'm not alone on this one, but listen ladies, it's not our faults! I mean, addiction is a disease. Right? Right. On that note, I'm off to spend the rest of my day nursing my hangover and online shopping.

XOXO,

BlogMePretty

No comments:

Post a Comment