Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools Day Sucks

I do and always have hated April Fools Day. While this might sound counterintuitive since I generally enjoy orchestrating pranks, I cannot handle pranks being pulled on me. I even considered staying home today because I know my idiot loser bosses think there is nothing funnier than toying with the associates' emotions/self esteem/self worth (and I deal with enough of that already the other 364 days of the year).

Even worse, April Fools makes me acknowledge two of my biggest flaws (and clearly I would prefer to think of myself as flawless). First, that I'm incredibly gullible and second, that I'm a vengeful bitch. So, if someone pulls a prank on me, I will fall for it. Guaranteed. Then I will spend the next couple weeks wasting my precious time, planning an appropriate revenge which is 1000000 times worse than what you pulled on me. I have to, it is the only way to restore homeostasis.

Today is especially bad because I have been needing to call the bridal shop that has been handling my wedding dress cleaning (don't ask), since they have had my dress for two months now. I've been worried (of course) that something is wrong since they said it would only take two weeks to get it cleaned. I've been blowing up their phones once a week for the past month and they ASSURE me everything is fine, it's just taking "longer than they expected" (holyshit). So, I really need to call and harass them today but I'm worried they are going to tell me something went wrong and I am going to flip my shit. How am I supposed to know if they are being serious or they seriously played the meanest prank known to man on a bride-to-be on the verge. They better hope the dress is actually ruined, because the revenge needed to overcome a prank like that would be extreme (burning the store down). I mean, hypothetically speaking, of course.

XOXO,

BlogMePretty

No comments:

Post a Comment