Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why I was Running Late this Morning

I got to the office this morning at 10 (mind you, I was supposed to be there at 8). I overslept because I was up late taking care of some seriously important business (watching re-runs of the Real Housewives of New York that I've already seen 100 times and shopping for honeymoon outfits online). Of course, I couldn't let anyone in my office know the real reason for my tardiness or they would think I was a worthless pleb, so I concocted an elaborate, unverifiable lie to cover my ass. "I was at the court this morning! I had a bunch of filings that had to be done today!" What court you ask? That doesn't matter. My bosses work in "the corporate group" and they don't know the first thing about courtrooms or filings. Even if they were curious to follow up, my bosses have too much pride to grace me with a follow up question anyway. I knew I was golden.

To my great dissapointment, when I finally got in (looking exhausted from running around "courts" all morning) my secretary told me that it had been a slow morning and nobody had been by my office. Hmmmm....oh well, I can save that excuse for the next time I'm running late (aka. tomorrow morning).

XOXO

BlogMePretty

No comments:

Post a Comment