Sunday, March 28, 2010

I Gave up Meat for Lent

Ok, so I'm not a Catholic anymore (I converted last year) but for some reason I still felt compelled to give something up for lent. Last year I gave up shopping (I know, I know) and that lasted all of about a week and a half. This year I decided to give up up meat (not fish as I have a serious sushi addiction). I knew this was a fairly large undertaking but I have been trying to eat healthier lately, so why not? Well, I'll tell you why not. Picture this for a minute...You have been on a little bit of a drinking binge one Saturday night and you wake up incredibly hungover. How delicious does fish tacos sound? How about some sushi? Oh, really, the thought of crunching on roe doesn't help your hangover? Yeah, didn't help mine either.

I went to a fabulous wedding this past weekend and I woke up Sunday morning feeling like I would throw up if I so much as attempted to brush my hair. The couple my fiancee and I were staying with are the greatest ever, and to help us all feel better they ordered the biggest most delicious meaty pizza I've ever seen. How was I supposed to resist that? I would probably still be laying in a crumpled ball on their guest bathroom floor if I hadn't had a slice (or two). So, I did, and it was seriously a life changing moment. You know how it is. When you are so hungover you might die and you eat something that magically makes you feel 100% better. I feel like I should write a thank you note to the dude who made us that pizza. Hmmmm, perhaps I will.

XOXO,

BlogMePretty

No comments:

Post a Comment