Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Someone in This Office is Going to Perish...

I clearly have a very short fuse when it comes to people in my office (because I abhor each and every one of them) but I think that I generally do a good job about keeping myself in check. My bitchery is reserved for special occasions...like today, for instance. So, today I was forced to endure what we in the "legal community" refer to as a CLE. CLEs are mandatory classes that attorneys have to take to stay abreast of the law, but what they REALLY are, are mind numbing torture devices meant to strip your soul of it's will to live.

Now, I have been to plenty CLEs in my day, but this one was hands down the worst. The speaker's voice was literally the auditory version of sleeping pills. He also, apparently, controls the time-space continuum because I would swear I had been playing 30 minutes worth of Miss Pac Man on my Iphone when in reality, I had only been there for 10 (greuling) minutes. I actually had to get up and leave, despite the glares from the partners around me, so that I didn't pass out and slam my head into the table in front of me. I don't care. I'm not taking a disfiguring blow like that for this thankless job.

To make matters worse, the weather outside was GORGEOUS and we were inside a room with no windows. While this might not bother some people, I have this complete obsession with being outside (preferably on a patio, imbibing) when the weather is nice. Because of all this, I'm going to have to leave work early and go find a patio and a margarita. My bosses have nobody to blame but themselves!!

XOXO,

BlogMePretty

No comments:

Post a Comment