Monday, March 22, 2010

My Search for the Perfect Job

So, I'm a corporate finance attorney and I hate my job. My job satisfaction is nonexistent and my attitude generally ranges somewhere between crippling depression and homicidal rage. What's worse is that I told myself for years that this was going to be the greatest job ever. I mean, mergers and acquisitions, that's totally hot, right? I imagined myself being this super powerful female attorney whose prowess made grown men crumble at my stilettos...

Unfortunately, I totally forgot the fact that I'm a huge procrastinator and I have no interest in drafting purchase agreements or reviewing SEC documents. In fact, I spend the majority of my day now fantasizing about how I'm going to quit my job (needless to say, that fantasy involves countless obscenities and a very dramatic exit) and spend the rest of it in retail therapy. What's worse is that almost every girl I know spends their day the same way (most with less graphic quitting fantasies, but whatever).

This all makes me wonder what job I can do that involves shopping and/or decorating, a glass of wine at 4-ish and little to no stress. So far I haven't come up with anything reasonable (other than becoming a socialite or the housewife to a hot billionaire, of course) but I'm working on it!


XOXO

BlogMePretty

No comments:

Post a Comment