Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Highwater Pants

I was in a hurry to get ready this morning (perpetually), so I didn't really notice until the last second that my pants were way too short and I look totally ridiculous. I mean, it's not like I'm trying to impress any of the idiots in my office or anything, it's that I have a fundamental issue with highwater pants. If I see you, and you are wearing highwaters, just know that I'm mentally belittling you and you deserve it.

What's worse is that I don't know how I got to this point because I would swear the last time I wore these pants they were longer (maybe I should have skipped those last 20 trips to the office candy stash). Either way, when I slipped them on this morning, there was FAR too much foot exposure for my liking. I changed into a pair of flats. Nope, now the pants look to long. Fail. I tugged on the legs to see if they would stretch out at all. No such luck.

Now, most reasonable people would have just changed their pants at this point, however, I'm one of those neurotic girls that when I have my outfit picked out, that is that, and no highwater pants are going to stop me. So, I put on a pair of kitten heel sandals (it's only 50 degrees out but I had to make due somehow), sagged my pants a little, and strolled out the door. I feel vulnerable, like these pants have stripped me of my womanly superpowers or something. I'm going to avoid making eye contact all day and keep to my office. All lunch and dinner dates are hereby cancelled.

XOXO

BlogMePretty

No comments:

Post a Comment